Saturday, August 27, 2011

Aquaman


As I finished Ms. Marvel I realized that after that all the comics in my possession have been read. My comic book collection consists of Ms. Marvel, so not too many. ; ) So I what a nerd would do naturally in that position and went to my local comic book store. There they have a wonderful collection of the Marvel Essentials and DC Showcase Presents. These are large volumes that DC and Marvel put out that give you the issues that are the need to know about that hero or group of heroes. For me these are perfect because I am just getting into the world of comics. What I also like about these books is that they are big enough to last me a while. This is good when you have a job like mine and are able to get through a volume within about 3 days.
So I’m looking through their collection and per usual there is no Aquaman. I guess this makes sense due to the fact that most people’s favorite super hero isn’t Aquaman, the majority of the time it’s Batman or Superman (even spell check recognizes their names, it doesn’t recognize Aquaman). So I asked them to order it for me.
My love affair with Aquaman started at an early age and to tell you the truth I have no idea why. I have literary been laughed at by comic book nerds for my obsession. Aquaman I can say is the only super hero who I have a fan girl crush on. Again I have no idea why.
I was super excited when I started watching Young Justice. Aqualad is the boost that Aquaman needs in this world. I almost feel as if the writers were feeling the same way I was about Aquaman street-cred. I mean Auqaman has power of over 75% of the earth. And he can speak to and command all of the creatures that live there. No other superhero has that much power.
I’m not all caught up yet, but after tonight I should be, I’m having a mini-marathon. I really hope they keep Aqualad as the leader of Young Justice and I can’t wait to see what other adventures and people these new characters will meet.


No comments:

Post a Comment